D’Decor strongly believes in the growth of the community at large in which it thrives. Special focus is given on initiatives for the upliftment of the society in areas like education, women empowerment, better livelihood and more.
Since 2016, D'Decor has been associated with Karunya Trust, a body which aims at upliftment of poor through focus on education, livelihood, health, environment issues, women empowerment and governance.
- Savli: Empowering the children of people living with HIV/AIDS through holistic care. Since 2016, 800 children and their families have benefitted through this program.
- Gyansaathi: Empowering the rag picking children residing at the Deonar dumping yard at Govandi, Mumbai through non formal education, supplementary nutrition, formation of children support groups, health care and community mobilization and training. The program which started in 2011, has benefitted 600 children and their families so far.
- Bharari: A program aimed at community development through child development. Approximtely 1600 children residing in 16 tribal pockets of Ambernath taluka have benefitted from the program.
D'Decor provides its surplus fabric produced in the factories, to women workers in villages, who then make bags from these fabrics and sell them to earn their daily livelihood.
Educational support is extended to the students of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling), along with promotion of vocational training course for 200 students.
D'Decor has partnered with The Indian School of Business (ISB), to offer ‘D’Decor Tuition Waver’, a need based tuition waiver to students of the flagship Post Graduate Programme (PGP). The funding is spread over a period of five years from the year 2016 and supports five students every year for part waiver of their tuition fees.
To initiate and oversee the various CSR initiatives, a CSR committee was established. In regards section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under, the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on 7th, March, 2015 constituted the committee as follows.
NAME STATUS DESIGNATION Mrs. Simone Arora Director, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Chairman Mr. V. K. Arora Director, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Member Ms. Nikita Desai VP- Strategy & Business Excellence, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Member
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
- To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities.
- To monitor the implementation of framework of CSR Policy.
- To carry out any other function as mandated by the Board from time to time and / or enforced by any statutory notification amendment or modification, as may be applicable, necessary or appropriate for performance of its duties.
D’Decor complies with the standards and norms of global monitoring bodies like SEDEX, BSCI and Goodweave as a socially responsible organisation.