Style your interiors with cushion covers
Cushions have come a long way from being an uncomfortable leather bag filled with horse hair or coarse wool. These were initially used to make hard wooden chairs slightly more comfortable to sit on. But now, cushions have become a vital part of home decor.
Available in an array of sizes, colours and designs, cushion covers are an easy way to redecorate your home as they easily complement your furniture and bring breathe life into your room.
By playing around with various colours, patterns and materials, you can ensure that your cushion covers accentuate your room’s decor and lend it a charming vibe.
What are the different types of cushion covers offered by D’Decor?
You can use different types of cushion covers depending on your furniture to enhance your room’s look and mood. Here are some types of cushion covers that you can go for:
What are the various sizes of cushion cover offered by D’Decor?
Although cushion covers are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, here are some common sizes:
|Standard Cushion Dimensions||30 cm X 45 cm||40 cm X 40 cm||45 cm X 45 cm||50 cm X 50 cm|
What material is best for cushion covers?
The best material for cushion covers is that which adds to the look and feel you visualised for your room. Some materials used for cushion covers are:
Cotton and linen - Cotton is the perfect choice for sensitive skin, they are hard wearing and washable. While linen creases easily, it is robust and softens beautifully after a couple of washes. Don’t use them extensively outside or place them under direct sunlight to avoid sun-bleaching and colour fading.
Velvet - Velvet cushion covers can add a dash of luxury to your living room’s sofa cushions. Whether it is crushed velvet or a contemporary velour cushion cover, you can make your room opulent while sticking to ideal hard wearing material.
Canvas - Opt for Canvas if you will use your cushions outside. Canvas is an extremely strong cotton fabric and resistant to the weather. It can also be waterproofed easily. Check out our Sunbrella range of outdoor fabrics.
Leatherite - It is perfect when paired with a modern style. It can be used in areas subjected to a lot of wear since it is quite durable.
Polyester - Synthetic materials like polyester are generally highly durable and wrinkle resistant. They can be used in areas of home that have high use like the lounge, the kitchen or the dining room.
What are the best designs for cushion covers?
The best cushion cover design is the one that will add to your room’s ambience beautifully without stealing the show from its furniture. D’Decor offers you a wide range of designs to choose from so that you can decorate your couch or bedroom aesthetically. Here are some of the bestselling design styles for cushion covers -
|Leaves||Small Motifs||Plains & Textures||Stripes & Checks|
What colour cushion cover should you go for?
- You should go for cushion covers in colours that will coordinate with the palette you are already using at home.
- If you have bolder prints on furnishings, you can balance them with cushion covers in neutral tones. But, if your room has a neutral theme, then you can inject a bit of brightness with cushion covers in bold colours.
- If earthy colours dominate your home, then you can keep it chic and simple by sticking to monochrome and give it a sophisticated edge.
- Use colourful printed cushion covers to style your room according to its design theme - for instance damask prints for a bohemian room, nature themed prints and colours like greens, beige, browns and blues complement a natural vibe whereas abstract fluid colours blended together work great for a contemporary aesthetic.
What are the different types of fillers used in cushions?
Cushion fillers make cushions plush and cosy to sit. D’Decor’s cushion covers come with a polyester fibre filling - a soft, durable and extremely fluffy synthetic fibre to satisfy your need for comfort.
What materials does D’Decor use for making cushion covers?
It is important for you to know about the different materials that are used for making cushion covers so that you can easily decide which type of material will meet your needs perfectly. Here are some materials used:
|Cotton and Cotton Blends||Linen and Linen Blends||Leatherite||Polyester and Polyester Blends||Velvet|
What is the price range for cushion covers?
Set of 2
Rs. 549 /-
Set of 3
Rs. 1,049 /-
What should you keep in mind while buying cushion covers online?
Here are some tips to buy cushion covers online:
- Know what you are looking for. It is necessary to decide the zone of design aesthetic you are going for. This will help you narrow down your search and not be overwhelmed by the wide range of covers you can choose from.
- Get your cushion cover dimensions right. While buying covers for your cushions online, you must know the accurate size and shape of your cushions.
- Visualise your room and its decor with the cushion covers before you order. Try placing a garment of similar colour on the couch or the bedroom to get a feel of how the colour of the cushion cover will complement your room’s interiors
What should you look for when buying cushion covers?
Here is what you should take into account while buying cushion covers:
- Cushion’s colour - Go for colours that are in harmony with the colours of your room’s furniture, rugs, curtain and other decor pieces.
- Cushion’s fabric - The fabric you choose will not only add to appearance but also to the longevity of the cushions. Choose the material of your cushion covers wisely.
- Cushion’s functionality - While cushions. are generally used in the living room, a decorative bed cushion can enhance the look of your bedspread. Choose cushion covers keeping in mind where you want to use them.
- Cushion’s design - Lastly, choose the colours and cushion cover designs wisely. A ‘match’ does not always mean that your cushion covers must be the same colour or design as your furniture. They should add to the beauty of your space and complement the other furniture.
What is the difference between a cushion and pillow?
Pillows and cushions add much-enjoyed coziness to your bedroom or living room. While browsing for designer pillow covers or cushion covers, it is important that you know the difference between the two - cushions and pillow, so as not to confuse cushion covers with pillow covers.
|Cushions are decorative accents for couches, chairs or sofas.||Pillows have a more functional role in bedrooms.|
|Cushions are upholstery that you can use pretty much anywhere you want. In the living room, the armchair while reading a book or on your guest bed.||Pillows are generally a form of bedding used in bedrooms.|
|Cushions need not be replaced often if they are cared for properly. However, they are a great way to bring a quick change to the look and feel of your room.||On an average, pillows need to be replaced every 2 to 5 years.|
|Most cushions are simple to wash and replace fillings.||Pillows have specific washing rules that need to be followed.|
Why choose D’Decor cushion covers?
If you are looking for versatility and durability then D’Decor has a wide range of cushion covers. D’Decor offers a variety of cushion cover designs that add a dash of colour, style and comfort to your room. Our cushion covers are of superior quality, made from the finest fabrics.
Not only do we have the most exquisite styles, we also have a dedicated team of D’Decor style experts to help you choose the perfect cushion covers for your space.