Corporate Social Responsibility
D'Decor propagates a philosophy of 'Live Beautiful'. This philosophy goes beyond just beautifying homes to a more holistic way of life which includes greener environment, good education, proper healthcare, and equality. D'Decor has initiated various endeavours to address all these parameters.
ADOPTION OF RENEWABLE ENERGYOne of the key initiatives towards our social responsibility is minimising the carbon footprint. D’Decor operates five manufacturing plants located at Tarapur, India, with an output exceeding 120,000 meters a day. At any given point of time, the supply chain is capable of delivering more than 200,000 SKUs. The overall energy requirement to achieve this output is approximately 9.5 cr units annually. With an increased focus towards green energy, D’Decor has invested in rooftop solar panels at all the manufacturing units. The capacity of this is approximately 6.8 MW and it caters to about 10% of the total energy requirement. This not only helps the organization reduce the utility cost of operations but also goes a long way in reducing the carbon footprint. The solar rooftop installation at D’Decor was done in two phases spanning over 2 years, thus enabling our entire rooftop's real-estate capable of harnessing solar energy.
EFFLUENT WATER TREATMENT
Textile processing encompasses a number of complex activities during the conversion of grey cloth into finished fabrics. These processes include washing, desizing, scouring, bleaching, dyeing, rinsing and involve the use of a diverse and varying mixture of organic and inorganic chemicals including dyes. As a result, the typical pollutant load of textile waste water is characterized by high colour content, suspended solids, dissolved salts and organic compounds.
D'Decor has set up a full-fledged 100% two stage Biological Effluent Treatment Plant comprising of anaerobic and aerobic treatment. The water output from this plant is then treated with UF+RO (ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis) making a majority of water ready for re-use. The plant treats 2855 cubic meter of water on a daily basis. Additionally, we have installed Solar Sludge Drying Plant to dry the biological sludge generated from the ETP.
D'Decor complies with global norms of ISO 14001:2015 (Environment Management System), ISO 450001:2018 (OHSAS) and Detox To Zero by Oeko-Tex.
SAFETY NET TO POOR THROUGH SUPPORT TO THE KARUNYA TRUST
Since 2016, D'Decor has been associated with Karunya Trust, a body which aims at upliftment of poor through focus on education, livelihood, health, environment issues, women empowerment and governance.
- Savli: Empowering the children of people living with HIV/AIDS through holistic care. Since 2016, 800 children and their families have benefitted through this program.
- Gyansaathi: Empowering the rag picking children residing at the Deonar dumping yard at Govandi, Mumbai through non formal education, supplementary nutrition, formation of children support groups, health care and community mobilization and training. The program which started in 2011, has benefitted 600 children and their families so far.
- Bharari: A program aimed at community development through child development. Approximtely 1600 children residing in 16 tribal pockets of Ambernath taluka have benefitted from the program.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT THROUGH SWADES FOUNDATION
D'Decor provides its surplus fabric produced in the factories, to women workers in villages, who then make bags from these fabrics and sell them to earn their daily livelihood.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES FOR CHILDREN
Educational support is extended to the students of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling), along with promotion of vocational training course for 200 students.
SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDENTS OF INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (ISB), HYDERABAD
D'Decor has partnered with The Indian School of Business (ISB), to offer ‘D’Decor Tuition Waver’, a need based tuition waiver to students of the flagship Post Graduate Programme (PGP). The funding is spread over a period of five years from the year 2016 and supports five students every year for part waiver of their tuition fees.
To initiate and oversee the various CSR initiatives, a CSR committee was established. In regards section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under, the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on 7th, March, 2015 constituted the committee as follows.
MEMBERS OF THE CSR COMMITTEE
NAME STATUS DESIGNATION Mrs. Simone Arora Director, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Chairman Mr. V. K. Arora Director, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Member Ms. Nikita Desai VP- Strategy & Business Excellence, D'Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. Member
OBJECTIVE & RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CSR COMMITTEE
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
- To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities.
- To monitor the implementation of framework of CSR Policy.
- To carry out any other function as mandated by the Board from time to time and / or enforced by any statutory notification amendment or modification, as may be applicable, necessary or appropriate for performance of its duties.